PDP (Link offsite)
Undertake the PDP
You can make important and significant gains on plastic pollution reduction, resource recovery and circularity of materials if you undertake the Plastic Disclosure Project (PDP) in order to understand the baseline of your current use, recovery, recycling and use of recycled content. We have surveys for both the manufacturing industry, as well as the service industry, which does not necessarily produce products, but which aggregates waste via the use of materials and products in their operations, such as airports, stadiums, universities, hospitals and municipalities.
We encourage you to undertake the PDP, giving you greatly expanded knowledge and capacity on how best to engage your employees, customers, procurement teams, designers and marketing departments. This information will allow you to take the lead in your space and industry, designing products and services that can be used in the circular economy, without the waste footprint.
- Increase efficiency in resource use via measurement of materials used and captured
- Greatly enhance the ability to move into a circular economy by knowing what your outputs, potential for recovery of materials is, and how much recycled content (or new materials) you might be using
- Reduce overall plastic waste in the environment
- Encourage sustainable business practices vis-a-vis the use of plasti, but without the waste footprint
- Inspire improved design & innovative solutions that can scale across industries and countries
- Create an annual reporting mechanism for baseline measurement of plastic use and best practice management strategies for movement to a circular economy
- Encourage efficiencies in plastic use, reuse and recycling, with reduced unnecessary waste or packaging
- Broaden awareness of risks to brands and investors associated with un-checked or un-thoughtful use of plastic in products and packaging, while also highlighting the positive opportunities that come from better management and focus on use and recovery of materials during production, and in their after-life.